Have you ever felt a calling to engage in a creative activity or to make creativity a larger part of your life? Have you always wanted to share a message with the world, inspire others or make positive changes in society? Do you often get ideas about exciting projects, but rarely follow through?
In this encouraging and inspiring book, you will learn about:
- Action: starting before you’re ready!
- Divine inspiration: following creative nudges and repetitive messages.
- Intrinsic rewards: creating to express, not to impress.
- Authenticity: making a project an honest reflection of your inner truth.
- Service: creative people are often healers and your creative projects can help others.
- Practicality: how to deal with common fears, delay strategies and the doubts and criticism of others.
- Going public: practical information about sharing your work with the world and earning an income from your projects.
Doreen believes that creativity is a calling that can’t be ignored. Being creative isn’t just a hobby – it’s a way of life. When we ignore the pull to be creative, we feel depleted, frustrated and lost, but by embracing our creativity, we finally start to find satisfying and lasting paths to happiness. Take your first steps towards creativity today without delay – you’ll be glad you did!
Get your copy here.
Exceedingly glad at the timing of Virtue’s latest book to come into my life. So few people share this much advice on how to navigate all aspects of creativity. I guess it is taking on a whole new meaning for me. Yes, you create, purely because you feel an expression within that wants to externalize, BUT it does and should not end there. There is the aspect of having the courage to value your services and charge accordingly. It is not always possible to just give away for free, out of “spirituality”, when the bills need to be paid.
This is a book to read and re-read, as there is a lot to integrate. At the moment, the key points are sifting through my consciousness, awakening me, and I am sure The Courage to be Creative will have a similar effect on many. As Virtue states, this is the information she previously shared at workshops, so she is sharing for those who cannot make the workshops, maybe through time, distance or money constraints.
This is actually the most practical, yet divinely guided book I have found to date on launching your creativity.