If you are a single mum with children or a busy working mum with children the great balancing act of life, kids, activities, work, and living your best possible lifestyle is not easily or effortlessly attained. We know that it takes work-and a ton of it!
In addition to the day to day challenges that are thrown our way while we are wearing all our various hats are things like home maintenance and repair issues. For the single mums, out there, this can even prove to be more difficult, especially if you haven’t the slightest clue about home repairs or maintenance.
If you have issues with your electric or you have been noticing that you have some blown fuses and things just don’t’ seem to functioning properly in and around your home, you many need to call in the assistance of a professional.
Let’s say you need to find an electrician near me to fix your circuit breaker issues in your home. The best way to start out is to head over to your laptop and simply query electrician near me. You should have a good listing of people that are close by that you can call on for a quote.
If you want to take this a step further, my advice is to search for marketplaces that offer matching and bidding services for professionals in your area.
There are several online marketplaces where you can search for a specific type of building professional. The main differences with the online marketplaces versus just a simple online search are as follows:
- You can set up your own budget range for the job-you can choose a fixed price and enter in exactly what you would be willing to pay for the job or you can choose an hourly payment schedule and enter in what you would be willing to pay per hour.
- You can specify desired time frame (when you need the work to start).
- You can specify your location (You can literally dial this down to exact location which makes it much easier to find the best local professionals to come out to asses your situation).
- You can specify your stage of readiness regarding a larger scale project.
- You can search for specific types of work. For example, if you need electrical work done, you can select from various subcategories of electric work, such as fuse box installation or repair, or anything else that you may need. The benefit here is that you can get as specific as possible about your needs.
- You can read reviews and customer testimonials regarding potential professionals that are presented on the website as possibilities for your eventual hire. This is also extremely beneficial to single mums as well as working mums that don’t have the time to reach out and check references before making a hiring decision.
As you can see, my preferred search mode is online all the way. Be sure to check out online marketplaces whenever you need to find a trusted professional.